Atmospheric impact of construction activities
The equipments used during the construction phase of an industrial plant or a building are responsible for the emission of many pollutants into the atmosphere.
During the phase are used cranes, graders, compressors, dozers, scrapers, well drillers and other machinery that emit atmospheric pollutants as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, particulate matter and others. Moreover, the removal of inert material produces the emission of particulate. The evaluation of the emissions during the construction phase of a production plant is especially important for particulate, even if it is limited to a short period. This estimate is even more relevant in the construction phase of buildings and infrastructures.
- Engines of construction equipments (CO, NOX, VOC, PM)
- Engines of personnel vehicles (CO, NOX, VOC, PM)
- Loading and unloading os storage piles (PM)
- Wind erosion of storage piles surface (PM)
- Resuspension from equipment traffic in construction area (PM)
- Resuspension from personnel traffic in construction area (PM)
Enviroware estimates the atmospheric emissions during the construction phase depending on the duration of the building phase, the yard extension, the type and number of machineries used, the number of workers. Besides the emissions from the machineries, they are also estimated the emissions from the vehicles of workers, the emissions form resuspension of particulate and the removal of inert materials. All the emission estimations are carried out by means reliable methodologies, such as the USA AP42 and the European COPERT.
- Collection and analysis of meteorological data
- Estimation of dust emission due to loading and unloading of storage piles as function of wind speed, humidity of the material and amount of material worked daily
- Estimation of dust resuspension as function of the surface silt content, the average vehicle speed, the average vehicle weight and the number of wheels
- Evaluation of the emissions from the engines of construction equipments and personnel vehicles
- Evaluation of the air quality levels induced by the emissions from the construction area